Screeny — Delete Screenshots With Ease
Even after the release of iOS 8, the whole thing with organizing screenshots on your iOS device is still a terrible experience. Your screenshots still end up directly into your Camera Roll, cluttering up your feed of Photos taken and images saved. There are apps like Screenshot Journal and Screenshotter that help you in organizing your screenshots. However, if you’re only looking to quickly delete any old screenshots you have in your Camera Roll, there’s nothing better than Screeny.
Screeny is a simple & tiny utility app that helps you make some space on your device by finding and deleting screenshots cluttering up your camera roll. With a single tap, it scans through your Camera Roll and displays the screenshots it finds, along with how much space they’re utilizing. You can tap to select the ones you want to delete and hit the delete button. That’s it. There’s nothing complex about Screeny at all. The design is simple & striking and the on-screen instructions help you understand the app with ease. Screeny also gives you a handy tip by telling you how much space photos that are older than 3 months are using on your device.
Screeny is available as a Universal app on the App Store for just $0.99.
Update: Version 1.2 – Released December 28th, 2014
Screeny has been updated to version 1.2 that brings Screeny to the iPad as well now. Featuring a custom design, Screeny for iPad now lets you find and search your old and unused screenshots that are unnecessarily taking up space on your device. Here are the release notes:
What’s New in Version 1.2
- Screeny is now optimized for your iPad
- Finds screenshots faster than before
- Fixed Zero Kb error which resurfaced for some users (apologies for that)
- Custom design for iPad ( with an easy way to unselect all screenshots – because shaking an iPad looks funny sometimes)
- Couple of other bug fixes and design tweaks
Update: Version 1.3 – Released January 19th, 2015
- Reminder option to delete screenshots every 30 days
- Fixed bug where screenshots were not being detected sometimes on iPhone 6 Plus
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes, optimizations & a few design tweaks.
Update: Version 1.6 – Released September 16th, 2015
— Adds support for Apple Watch screenshots
Latest version is 1.8 released on Jan 10th, 2017.